Claire 說: The article we will discuss is called"Don’t Open This Cookie (Disastrous Day Inside)"
HEIDI 說:
the article is about the revolution of the fortume cookies
HEIDI 說:
the words in the cookies are used to be vague and positive
Claire 說:
There is a kind of cookies which can predict our daily fortune.
Claire 說:
But it sometimes is not good message
HEIDI 說:
yes ,it is because the maker wants the words to be more useful
Harriet 說: Why the article is called in this name
HEIDI 說:
First the cookie is not a common cookie
Harriet 說:
Oh
HEIDI 說:
it means the fortune cookie
Harriet 說:
what is the fortune cookies?
Claire 說:
it can predict your fortune
Harriet 說:
oh~I see
HEIDI 說:
and
Harriet 說:
But why we can’t Open This Cookie
HEIDI 說:
it offered only in the Chinese restaurant
Harriet 說:
Oh
Claire 說:
Maybe it gives the bad predict on your day in the morning
Harriet 說:
Useful?
HEDI 說:
Why?
Claire 說:
The writer characterized the new fortunes as “cautious” rather than negative, and said he had received complaints about only two messages so far.
HEIDI 說:
if I were the costomer, I would hope the words can tell me "something."
Harriet 說:
But people do not want the bad message
Harriet 說:
hmmm
HEIDI 說:
in my opinion
HEIDI 說:
the complain caused from the custom
HEIDI 說:
the customers of the restaurants get used to see "good words."
HEIDI 說:
But we can't be lucky everyday, right?
Claire 說:
Yeah
HEIDI 說:
I think we'll back to the summary?
Claire 說:
ok
HEIDI 說:
so what does the article talk about after the company received those complaint?
Harriet 說:
They do nothing
HEIDI 說:
what?
Claire 說:
The article didn't mention this
Claire 說:
“I got some people saying that you’re making people think, and that’s good,” he said. "But I have people writing to me saying that it’s not positive enough.”
Claire 說:
The maker just said this
HEIDI 說:
I see. The article didn't tell us their solution.(I suppose they will improve their writing not to offend others)
Harriet 說:
Some customers seemed not care so much, right?
Harriet 說:
Yeah
Claire 說:
Karyn Turnbull's fiancé!
HEIDI 說:
yeah
Harriet 說:
I agree with his attitude
Claire 說:
Ha
Claire 說:
But why so many people go the fortuneteller
Claire 說:
And trust their fortune-tellinf
HEIDI 說:
They can tell us how to prevent the disaster
HEIDI 說:
Of course the good news is more welcomed
HEIDI 說:
any problem?
Harriet 說:
HA
Claire 說:
But there are many fortunetellers which cheat on people’s money.
HEIDI 說:
oh~
Harriet 說:
Can we believe this ?
HEIDI 說:
You mean the fortune cookies?
Harriet 說:
Yeah
HEIDI 說:
I think it is up to everyone
Claire 說:
Woman always believe
Claire 說:
This impacts our mood. Because you see your bad foture.
HEIDI 說:
oh? so you'll believe?
Claire 說:
I don't know
Harriet 說:
Maybe I would!
HEIDI 說:
I confess I may be impacted
Claire 說:
Ha
Harriet 說:
Almost every woman would trust this
HEIDI 說:
but I won't blame on the cookie
Harriet 說:
HA! Why?
Claire 說:
I think just depand on the chance of the fortune message
Harriet 說:
hmmm..So mathematical!
Claire 說:
Not by our individual message.
HEIDI 說:
Could you please explain more?
Claire 說:
humm
Claire 說:
Maybe the cookies is given by chance
Claire 說:
But the fortune tellers are usually facing the person
Claire 說:
so we can chose to believe or not
HEIDI 說:
ohhhh
Harriet 說:
what's your viewpoint?
HEIDI 說:
I agree that we own the choice
Claire 說:
YEAH
HEIDI 說:
And I also admire Bernard Chow
Claire 說:
HA! Great attitude!
Claire 說:
why
HEIDI 說:
If I get the cookie with message telling nothing, I will rather not have it.
(To blog tutor:
We thought the transcript should post on the Blackboard, so we didn't post it on the blogger before the deadline, but we did finish the homework on time.)
沒有留言:
張貼留言